Urbana school board member killed in car crash
Press delivery driver injured in accident
Man who stole car, fled back in court
Meyer coaching tree bears fruit
Holmes Lumber closing London branch Friday
- Urbana school board member killed in car crash - 2:32 pm updated: 8:36 pm.
- Press delivery driver injured in accident - 1:29 pm updated: 2:29 pm.
- Become a SWCD board member - 11:00 am
- London’s Miss Strawberry attends Miss America pageant - 11:00 am
- Man who stole car, fled back in court - 10:59 am
- London Presbyterian to host free organ concert - 9:07 am
- Candidates for queen - 9:05 am
- Are you too stressed to be blessed? - 9:00 am
- City of London receives audit award - 9:00 am
- Community Action seeks volunteers to prep taxes - 8:02 am
- Holmes Lumber closing London branch Friday - 5:01 pm updated: 1:52 pm.
- Seniors torch bearers to light Burning L - 4:08 pm updated: 4:20 pm.
- Revamped busing proposal at Madison-Plains - 9:31 am
- State offers drug treatment, early release - 9:00 am
- Audit: Stoops has paid restitution - 11:04 am
- Community rallies behind WJ boy - 9:15 am updated: 9:15 am.
- CPR, first-aid classes offered at Madison Health - 9:00 am
- Plain City biz putting the Brakes on Breast Cancer - 8:52 am
- Madison Health welcomes new general surgeon - 8:30 am
- Political hopefuls gather for debate - 8:29 am
- West High to close for drainage work - 5:14 pm
- Round 1 slugfest: Clinton, Trump battle over taxes, race and terror - 5:02 pm
- Mt. Sterling seeks ‘less luxurious’ insurance plan - 4:46 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- WJ woman gets two years for knife attack - 1:53 pm
- Crews respond to house fire in London - 1:00 pm updated: 2:08 pm.
- Tragedy turned dream: Inclusive playground planned in memory of baby - 9:21 am
- Plowing in style - 9:00 am
- Commissioners approve loan for Somerford EMS bay - 5:51 pm updated: 5:59 pm.
- Commissioners approve loan for Somerford EMS bay - 5:51 pm
- West Jeff’s queen - 2:39 pm
- Madison-Plains celebrates homecoming - 1:36 pm
- London arsonist gets six years - 9:08 am
- Helping hungry kids: Sufficient Grace brings backpack meals to London - 9:00 am updated: 10:38 am.
- Columbus woman questions legality of blood draw - 6:17 pm updated: 6:30 pm.
- OSU: Weather, innovation boost FSR attendance - 4:49 pm
- Plain City man dies in Union County crash - 12:37 pm
- St. Patrick hosts prayer service for county law enforcement - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Plant a garden, save the bees - 8:54 am
- ‘Unhappy News’: Losses across the board for Ohio grain crops - 8:51 am
- Genetically modified crops: Myths and realities - 8:30 am
- Cook named new health commissioner - 8:29 am
- Throwback Thursday! - 1:55 pm
- Five finalists for county administrator - 11:13 am
- Raising fish and plants together? Farm Science Review talks aquaponics - 11:07 am
- South Vienna man pleads not guilty to public indecency - 9:14 am
- South Vienna man pleads not guilty to public indecency - 9:11 am
- Former Peebles employee charged with stealing from store - 10:31 am
- Celebrating Ohio agriculture at the Farm Science Review - 9:33 am
- Mt. Sterling woman pleads guilty to theft from family - 9:24 am
- WJ hires new part-time police officer - 9:24 am
Community Action seeks volunteers to prep taxes
Community Action Organization, in partnership with the IRS, will be offering volunteer tax preparation services in Madison County.Volunteers who want ...
Holmes Lumber closing London branch Friday
After years of business, the Holmes Lumber Company branch in London is closing its doorsToday, Friday, Sept. 30, will be the store’s last day, a...
Seniors torch bearers to light Burning L
Two London High School seniors will carry on a London tradition as they serve as torch bearers for The Burning L.Taylor Sabulsky is a three-year lette...
Revamped busing proposal at Madison-Plains
Two new proposals for a two-tier busing system were presented at Tuesday night’s Madison-Plains Board of Education meeting.The new plans —...
State offers drug treatment, early release
When Madison County Common Pleas Judge Eamon Costello sentenced a London woman to 15 months in prison in April for trafficking prescription drugs, he ...
Audit: Stoops has paid restitution
A former Madison County Juvenile Court probation officer who in April pleaded guilty to theft in office has repaid the $1,815 she stole from a probati...
High School Schedule
Friday, Sept. 30FootballWorthington Christian at London, 7 p.m.Buckeye Valley at Jonathan Alder, 7 p.m.Madison-Plains at Bexley, 7 p.m.West Jefferson ...
Meet has been postponed
The Erin L. Nance Cross Country meet has been postponed until Monday, Oct. 3 due to the weather.The girls varsity race will start at 4:45 p.m. with th...
Nance Classic returns to Country Club
Some of the best cross country runners from across the state will once again converge on the picturesque grounds of the London Country Club for the an...
MPHS’ Dill advances to district
And then there was one.All four of the Madison County high school boys golf teams competed in sectional tournaments Tuesday, Sept. 27, but only one lo...
Heisman not on Ohio State quarterback Barrett’s radar
COLUMBUS — When J.T. Barrett finished fifth in the Heisman Trophy voting in 2014, many people figured he would be return to the voting again.Wha...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Ron Wells and Katie Weeter, of London, announce the birth of a daughter, Allyson Mae Wells, born Monday, Aug. 29, 2016, at Madison Health in London.Sh...
Plain City Lions awards scholarships
Ashley Day, left, daughter of Tim and Beth Day, Plain City, was recently awarded the Vowell scholarship of $1,000 from the Plain City Lions Club. The ...
New Super Reader Club
Mt. Sterling Public Library will be starting a new initiative to promote early literacy called the “Super Reader Club.” A trophy will be a...
Phillips family reunites
The 96th annual Phillips family reunion took place on Sunday, Aug. 7 at the home of Tim and Dorothy Phillips Amling.Family members gathered to enjoy f...
I am a copyist of what I see
Sometimes I feel like a monk who copies the Bible, only now, I copy the simple glories of God as I can see, understand and feel them.I am first to adm...
No one is qualified to be president
There is a great deal of debate going on as to whether the current presidential candidates are “qualified” to hold the office. Good questi...
Letter: Niemeyer is the type of person you want as your representative
(Editor’s note: The deadline to submit a letter to the editor in reference to the Nov. 8 general election is Nov. 1.)Dear Editor,This is a lette...
Suicide Prevention Month
We face a devastating mental health crisis in our country, one that affects thousands across the country. The veterans community has been particularly...
Letter: Thank you, Farm Science Review volunteers
Dear Editor,The Madison County Chamber of Commerce would like to thank and recognize all who volunteered with the set-up and tear down of their lot fo...
Hillary’s health, Trump’s racism
For daring to ask Hillary Clinton several questions and follow-up questions about her disregard for national security in regard to her use of private ...
Workforce development a key
Many of the bills passed by the legislature and signed by the governor earlier this year have recently gone into effect. One of those pieces of legisl...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...