Houser remembered for service, volunteerism
Two-tier busing passes at M-P
Farmers helping Farmer: Neighbors lend a hand for farmer in need
Plan starts with stopping Barkley
Plain City preparing for Christmas
- Houser remembered for service, volunteerism - 5:43 pm
- Two-tier busing passes at M-P - 10:48 am
- Farmers helping Farmer: Neighbors lend a hand for farmer in need - 9:10 am
- Plain City preparing for Christmas - 5:25 pm updated: 11:08 am.
- West Jeff voters to weigh-in on charter changes - 1:36 pm
- Make a Difference this Saturday - 11:39 am
- Three fire protection levies on ballot - 11:20 am
- Library, cemetery levies on ballot - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- West Jeff plans to pave streets - 8:58 am
- Shopping on the street - 8:47 am
- Taylor: ‘Fake Check’ scam could cost Ohioans - 9:18 pm
- Suicide prevention seminar comes to LCS - 5:26 pm updated: 6:05 pm.
- EMS asks voters to approve replacement levy - 4:46 pm
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 3:10 pm updated: 6:27 pm.
- LMS students of the month - 2:09 pm
- International campers in London - 11:06 am
- Smith inducted into HOF - 8:56 am
- Alder staff to do safety training - 8:42 am
- Columbus drunk driver gets prison - 8:15 am
- Friends to host clean-up day for trail - 5:33 pm updated: 6:14 pm.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month - 5:02 pm
- Cowling Chicken Challenge - 4:14 pm
- Behind the scenes at BCI - 2:34 pm
- Plain City business builds custom podiums for Clinton - 9:05 am
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- New business opens in Mt. Sterling - 8:30 am updated: 12:06 pm.
- Legion donates to Special Olympics - 6:30 pm
- Plain City woman charged with selling drugs near school - 12:44 pm
- Democrats opening headquarters - 9:45 am updated: 9:45 am.
- Artist blends history, paint for mural - 9:00 am
- The cross is sometimes hidden - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Council approves restroom fixes, pool heater - 8:41 am
- UMW hosting benefit dinner - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- Heroin discussion in works in Mt. Sterling - 8:14 am
- Path through the park - 5:14 pm
- Throwback Thursday! - 2:09 pm
- MaCI inmates donate to veterans - 8:57 am
- The Press remembers Virginia Minnick - 8:50 am
- Opticians give back sight - 5:42 pm updated: 5:45 pm.
- Walk to School Day - 4:37 pm
- Music programs on the rise at Alder - 9:43 am
- JIC valuation sent back to state tax board - 8:41 am
- Artist finds healing through painting - 8:30 am
- Hackett accepts award for Legislator of the Year - 8:25 am
- Development moves in Madison County - 8:13 am
- Madison-Plains finalizes busing proposal - 5:07 pm updated: 6:45 pm.
- Judge: County won’t pay Brand’s lawyer - 9:49 am
- Geib cruise-in raises scholarship money - 9:13 am
- BBQ and bluegrass Friday to benefit local nonprofits - 8:23 am
- Bonanza is back Oct. 27 - 8:02 am
Shopping on the street
Dozens of vendors set up shop in downtown Mount Sterling on Saturday for the village street market. Among the items for sale were crafts, handmade dec...
Taylor: ‘Fake Check’ scam could cost Ohioans
An international mail fraud “fake check” scam has resurfaced in the state and could lead to thousands of dollars in personal losses.Crimin...
Suicide prevention seminar comes to LCS
London City Schools will be adding suicide prevention into its curriculum, starting in November.For two days middle and high schools will slot out one...
EMS asks voters to approve replacement levy
A replacement levy is on the Nov. 8 ballot for the Madison County Emergency Medical District to raise millage from 2.21 mills to 3 mills.Currently, th...
Halloween events planned in Madison County
The following is the schedule for Trick or Treat:• London — Monday, Oct. 31, 6 to 8 p.m.• Mount Sterling — Monday, Oct. 31, 5:...
LMS students of the month
September students of the month for London Middle School are, front row from left: Selena Wallace, Mara Eagle, Masataka Ono, Jacob Peterson, Bree Webe...
High School Schedule
Thursday, Oct. 20Boys soccerNo. 20 London at No. 2 Granville in D-II District Tournament, 7 p.m.No. 8 Jonathan Alder at No. 6 Bloom-Carroll in D-II Di...
Meyer: Close game good for OSU
COLUMBUS — From Urban Meyer at the top, down through the ranks, the message coming out of Ohio State’s football team on Monday was that so...
Area soccer teams advance
Central District tournament action started for a handful of Madison County sports team Monday evening.The win-or-go home environment usually means the...
Stepp named OAC Offensive Player of the Week
WESTERVILLE — The Otterbein University football team garnered its first weekly honor from the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) Monday afternoon, O...
Ohio State brings home solid grades from Wisconsin
A grade card on Ohio State’s 30-23 overtime win at Wisconsin in a battle of Top Ten teams. The Badgers were good, but after a slow start, the Bu...
Kershaw helps blank Cubs, ties NLCS
CHICAGO — So much for October closer. With his Dodgers desperate for a win, Clayton Kershaw delivered the best start of his checkered playoff ca...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Becoming lost in story
Many ideas float around in one’s head. Sometimes we latch on to one and pull it down into our conscious thoughts. There we play with it and mani...
Garden Club members attend floral school
Representatives of the Open Gate Garden Club recently attended the two-day Ohio Association of Garden Clubs (OAGC) Exhibitors and Judges School No. 6,...
Snyder speaks to Career Club
Career Women’s Community Club welcomed Kelly Snyder with Madison Health, center, at their September meeting. Snyder talked about the changes com...
Preschoolers visit Tri-County FD
Mt. Sterling Public Library’s weekly Preschool Storytime program visited the Tri-County Fire Department to educate the children during the month...
LHS class of 1976 celebrates 40th reunion
On Sept. 24, the London High School Class of 1976 gathered at the Red Brick Tavern for its 40th class reunion. Attending were front row from left: Bil...
Garden Club installs new officers
The Open Gate Garden Club installed new officers at its latest meeting.Members met Sept. 7 at the Central Townships Joint Fire District station in New...
Addressing the growing threat
During the Korean War, the United States came to the defense of our allies in South Korea who were being invaded by the oppressive government in North...
Jay Ambrose: Where are the shackles when we need them?
Donald Trump is unshackled as well as unhinged. The tattletales on both sides of the political divide are uninhibited. Informative political discussio...
Manufacturing alive, growing in Ohio
Amid the political bickering over economic plans, taxes and trade deals that we hear every election cycle come these standard refrains: “All the...
Prepare your family for emergencies this month
Now is a great time to think about your family’s emergency plan for winter storms. You can prepare an emergency supply kit for your car — ...
The cross is sometimes hidden
There is a seven-foot wooden cross on the property where our new worship center will start being built in about another month. The land is located acr...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...