Noble promoted to LoCI warden
Attorney questions informant’s credibility
Police raid apartment in Johnson investigation
State Theater celebrates one year
Editorial: When will people learn email faux pas can destroy careers?
- Cruise-In set for Sunday - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Hammond sworn in at PVFD - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Noble promoted to LoCI warden - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Martin: Abated businesses still fund FD - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Attorney questions informant’s credibility - 4:44 pm
- Police raid apartment in Johnson investigation - 11:50 am updated: 1:23 pm.
- Preventive medicine - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- State Theater celebrates one year - 6:00 am updated: 6:00 am.
- Editorial: When will people learn email faux pas can destroy careers? - 5:12 am
- Timmons Bros. to talk rock ‘n’ roll, TV - 3:21 am
- Post Office hosting Passport Fair - 5:03 pm
- Bacteria outbreak linked to Deer Creek - 5:02 pm updated: 2:13 pm.
- Trial delayed for accused arsonist - 5:00 pm
- Car thief tries twice to evade police - 4:23 pm updated: 4:42 pm.
- Woman who fled police gets prison - 8:00 am updated: 8:00 am.
- County searches for administrator - 3:51 am
- Scaggs celebrate 60th anniversary - 2:41 pm
- Johnson held on $500,000 bond - 1:22 pm updated: 3:38 pm.
- Martin: Water looking good - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- H.E.L.P. House hosts back to school outreach - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- State fair starts today with new icon - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- ‘We no longer trust you’ - 6:40 am
- Plain City intersection hits another road block - 9:05 pm
- Region feels the debate loss - 5:10 pm
- Ohioans report police and fire charity scams - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- TCC, A Wireless donating school supply packs - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- Pumpkin Field Day slated for Aug. 18 - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Mt. Sterling boy wins ‘Battle of the Brickyard’ - 6:55 am
- Fire chief: Runs to abated businesses ‘taxes’ the FD - 4:56 am
- Man sent to prison for gun theft, high speed chase - 5:48 pm
- Dem convention roiled by emails, chairwoman - 4:57 pm
- Trump galvanizes party faithful - 5:07 pm
- Johnson: How did he do it? - 4:58 pm updated: 5:09 pm.
- Two charged with murder in Fayette Co. - 4:53 pm
- Alder to offer season sports passes - 1:27 pm
- London’s Shuff wears medal of Eagle Scout - 9:00 am
- Better late than never - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Progress at EMS building - 8:01 am
- Spectacle outside the RNC - 6:12 pm
- Teen gets 7 years for breaking into home, beating woman at gunpoint - 5:57 pm
- Judge: No prison for Stoops - 4:24 pm
- More ribbons awarded at fair dog show - 11:09 am
- Rotary installs new officers - 9:00 am
- Councilman: Johnson arrest a ‘dark blow’ for village - 6:58 am
- West Jeff approves Flucke Trust annexation - 5:29 pm
- Report: West Jeff pool revenue is up - 5:06 pm
- MCAC wears ‘Pajama Game’ well - 5:03 pm
- Correction - 5:34 am
- Manure expo coming to London - 5:14 pm updated: 5:22 pm.
- Theft in office: Cars, tools, camper — even dental work — bought with village money - 5:01 pm updated: 4:29 pm.
Timmons Bros. to talk rock ‘n’ roll, TV
Why did Elvis Presley sing to a basset hound? Why did the Rolling Stones change the lyrics to one of their iconic hits?The answers to those questions ...
Post Office hosting Passport Fair
Need a passport? The London Post Office is making it easy for you this Saturday.A Passport Fair will be held at the office from noon to 4 p.m. The off...
Bacteria outbreak linked to Deer Creek
At least 15 people are reported sick after visiting the beach at Deer Creek State Park, according to local health officials.Six of those individuals h...
Trial delayed for accused arsonist
The trial of a local resident accused of setting his Sheffield Boulevard apartment ablaze in October 2014 was delayed until Aug. 30 to allow his new d...
Car thief tries twice to evade police
An accused car thief and robber is in Tri-County Regional Jail under $500,000 bond despite two attempts on Tuesday to evade the law.Aaron E. Goins Jr....
Woman who fled police gets prison
A Delaware woman who led authorities on a high-speed chase through two counties in February will spend the next year in prison.Barbara J. Robinson, 36...
Depleted Russians head to Rio
MOSCOW — A depleted Russian team departed for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday, missing dozens of athletes who were excluded amid the ...
WJYAA soccer registration underway
The West Jefferson Youth Athletic Association is accepting fall soccer registrations.Co-ed leagues are for players in first through eighth grade. Pee ...
London Kiwanis/Takacs Soccer sign-ups set
The London Kiwanis/Takacs Soccer League is now accepting registrations for the fall 2016 soccer league for first through eighth grades who are not on ...
WJYAA volleyball sign-ups continue
West Jefferson Youth Athletic Association (WJYAA) is now accepting volleyball registrations. The cost for registration is $65 and will be for students...
Meyer sees a little of 2014 in current Buckeyes
CHICAGO — Last year Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer warned his team against reliving and reflecting too much on the 2014 national champion...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Living day by day and appreciating it more and more
As I opened the curtains this morning (July 19) I could see fog disappearing in the field in front of me. That was a strange sight for the middle of J...
Iota Beta honored at national convention
Thirteen members of Iota Beta attended the 2016 Phi Beta Psi National Convention in Cleveland July 11-13.The Chapter received the Mitzi Jones Memorial...
Troyer and Keigley to exchange vows
Walter G. Keigley Jr. and Patricia A. Keigley of London announce the engagement of their son, Brian K. Keigley to Victoria D. Troyer daughter of Eliza...
Book club awards door prizes
Carolyn Tadlock won the game prize drawing at the June Around Town Book Club meeting. Her gift included a $10 gift card to The Rusty Keg, and a Mt. St...
The pleasure of finishing a memory
The barn last week was one of three main elements that made up this memorable scene. Besides the barn, there was a farm pond and a large Oak tree besi...
Letter: London residents should spread peace, positivity
Dear Editor:I would like to take this opportunity to talk about what is going on in our country. As we all see every night on every news station, too ...
I remember my grandmother telling me “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Now, I don’t know if that is true or she just wanted me...
Editorial: When will people learn email faux pas can destroy careers?
Phones got smarter, then smaller and now larger. Videocassette players are officially relics, with the last one coming off the assembly line this mont...
Law enforcementofficers deserverespect, prayers
This is the time for the communities of Madison County to rally around the men and women in law enforcement who keep us safe. They put their lives on ...
Art is often a refuge
I didn’t really realize that art had become my refuge, my mental and physical escape.I had a very long and hard time with learning to read. Many...
Clinton’s college plan is unrealistic
WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton’s proposal for making public higher education not just cheaper but free to most Americans sounds good on pape...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...