- West Central to present ‘The Dangers of Enabling: How to Stop’ - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Strip mall may be coming to Lafayette Street - 8:28 am
- Cereal speeder gets two years prison - 7:51 am
- M-P graduates Class of ‘16 - 5:17 am
- Commodities - 6:18 pm
- Seven years prison for man who caused fatal wreck - 3:26 pm
- What’s holding you back? - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Kids can shoot, fish at conservation day - 8:30 am
- U.S. 42 corridor gets natural gas pipeline - 8:00 am updated: 8:00 am.
- Infant dies at London baby-sitter’s home - 7:43 am
- Arts council to perform ‘The Pajama Game’ - 7:28 am
- Seniors benefit from chiropractic care - 6:35 am
- M-P student going to FCCLA nationals - 6:31 am
- Seniors out and about - 5:41 am
- Commodities - 6:11 pm
- One hurt seriously in two-truck collision - 5:39 pm
- London High School auditorium named for ‘legendary’ director - 8:47 am
- Ohio voters switched parties in primary contest - 8:12 am
- West Jeff puts finances online - 7:14 am
- M-P superintendent requesting retire-rehire - 2:46 am
- Commodities - 6:16 pm
- Komen awards grant to hospital foundation - 9:00 am
- West Jeff woman stole $100K from work - 8:27 am
- Darlington hired as WJ parks & rec director - 7:49 am
- Fighting fires for 50 - 7:47 am updated: 11:05 am.
- ‘American Pickers’ coming to Ohio - 5:00 pm
- Commodities - 4:55 pm
- Students participate in symposium for scholarship, creativity - 1:50 pm
- Tolles inducts 24 into honor society - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Time flies: Plain City clock successfully removed for restoration - 8:27 am updated: 3:42 pm.
- Madison Press takes awards at two contests - 8:15 am
- ‘Going above and beyond’ - 8:04 am
- Trail toilet trashed, tipped - 4:46 am
- Commodities - 7:26 pm
- Gunman robs Mt. Sterling post office - 5:55 pm
- MCAC auditions postponed one week - 5:09 pm
- Semi rollover closes State Route 56 - 5:06 pm
- Bloomingburg farmer wins award for corn yield - 1:34 pm
- First Baptist Church to install Rev. Dyson - 9:32 am
- Double transplant - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Prison for second pot burglar - 8:02 am
- Accused cocaine trafficker deported 3 times - 8:01 am
- Stamp out hunger with canned food - 4:04 am
- Commodities - 5:47 pm
- Semi wreck closes State Route 38 - 3:15 pm
- Local sites to serve free lunch to children this summer - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- What is important to you? - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Camp Clifton: 4-H Scene Investigation - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Leaders tour PAX classrooms - 8:53 am
- Union sues to halt prison farm closings - 8:12 am
U.S. 42 corridor gets natural gas pipeline
Tolles Career & Technical Center is investing $2.3 million to pump natural gas along U.S. 42 to its Plain City-area campus.The project is expected...
Infant dies at London baby-sitter’s home
An infant died Thursday morning at the residence of a private daycare provider in London.Madison County EMS, London firefighters and London police res...
Arts council to perform ‘The Pajama Game’
Switch out your ballgown for jammies.Following news that the Madison County Arts Council lost the rights to perform “Cinderella” for its s...
Seniors benefit from chiropractic care
As we age, arthritis often sets in joints, and they become worn. These can lead to, at the least, mild discomfort to annoying pain. Chiropractic care,...
M-P student going to FCCLA nationals
A Madison-Plains freshman has ascended to the national competition in FCCLA.Ashley Griffith, who just completed ninth grade at Madison-Plains High Sch...
Seniors out and about
Madison County Recorder Chuck Reed grins as Eileen Fike slips her arm under his during Madison Senior Living’s tour of the county courthouse on ...
Tigers pull (and lift) their weight
COLUMBUS – Pulling their own weight.Well, at least lifting it.The Madison County Special Olympics track and field squad earned 14 gold medals in...
Sizing up the Preakness field
BALTIMORE — A look at the field for the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday (horses listed by post position...
Area athletes headed to regionals
The first two days of the Division II District track and field meet at Westerville South and the D-III meet at Whitehall guaranteed there will be Madi...
Lady Pioneers overpower Rangers, 14-0
There’s nothing wrong with using someone else’s failure as your own motivation.Especially not when it comes to motivating your team prior ...
High School Schedule
Friday, May 19SoftballNo. 6 West Jefferson vs. No. 1 Cardington-Lincoln in D-III district championship at Pickerington Central, 6 p.m.Saturday, May 21...
Saturday, May 21• Seventh annual Rockin’ on the Run 5K Walk/Run and Family Fun Day, 8 a.m. to noon, St. Patrick School, 226 Elm St., Londo...
HeritageCooperativein LondonCornMay 2016: $3.80June 2016: $3.80July 2016: $3.80August 2016: $3.82September 2016: $3.82October 2016: $3.67November 2016...
New U.S. Daughters chapter formed
Members of the new James Madison Chapter No. 478 signed the organization’s official charter this weekend at the Marriott in Springfield.The Madi...
Thiel and Beachy to exchange vows Aug. 27
Roy and Jeanie Thiel of Brooklyn, Ohio announce the engagement and approaching marriage of their daughter, Nicole Thiel, to Michael Beachy, son of Ste...
Garden club members attend spring meeting
The Ohio Association of Garden Clubs, Inc., Region 16 Spring meeting and Flower Show was held at the Maranatha Church in Plain City on Thursday, May 1...
Trip to D.C. celebrates the end of middle school
It’s almost that time — the end of the school year. Since we had such a mild winter, there are no snow days to make up — no more sch...
Why food safety is vital during pregnancy
Why are pregnant women at greater risk of foodborne illness?When a woman becomes pregnant, she undergoes all sorts of physical changes that are necess...
What’s holding you back?
I received a really nice letter from a resident of one of the two prison facilities here in London this week. I will call him “John” and l...
Trump needs money fast; isn’t that an odd turn?
In a strange election cycle of unexpected, unpredictable, often inexplicable events, here’s the latest topper: The richest presidential candidat...
Mental health services: A well-kept secret
May is Mental Health Month. When you hear the name Mental Health Services (MHS) for Clark and Madison Counties, what image comes to mind?Maybe no imag...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...
LoCI recognizes employee for preventing prisoner escape
London Correctional Institution (LoCI) has recognized ones of its employees for preventing an inmate escape.The morning of Oct. 28, 2015 ,Travis Hall ...