Trump speaks in Springfield
Court hires expert to analyze dash cam footage
Lumber back at Dwyer’s
Share the love: breast cancer survivor cherishes support
Temporary masterpieces: Plain City artist creates sidewalk chalk murals
- Trump speaks in Springfield - 11:19 am
- Court hires expert to analyze dash cam footage - 9:36 am
- Lumber back at Dwyer’s - 9:35 am
- #VotingSelfie OK in Ohio - 9:17 am
- You have to run to finish - 9:00 am
- Share the love: breast cancer survivor cherishes support - 9:45 am updated: 9:45 am.
- Temporary masterpieces: Plain City artist creates sidewalk chalk murals - 9:08 am
- Gee’s shut down, Piccadillies to close in December - 9:02 am
- New graduation requirements under fire - 4:18 pm
- A feast for the eyes - 3:52 pm
- Vehicle crash knocks out power - 1:19 pm updated: 10:56 pm.
- California woman gets 8 years for cocaine possession - 11:38 am
- Sterling council debates health plan - 9:54 am
- Lower speed limit for Lilly Chapel Road? - 8:52 am
- Bluebird treats couple to World Series - 8:35 am updated: 11:26 am.
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 11:40 am
- Gates named Rotary’s October SOTM - 9:00 am
- Garage burns to ground in Mt. Sterling - 8:46 am
- Man who stole car, fled, gets prison - 8:12 am
- Hospital celebrates growth at annual meeting - 8:03 am
- Trump coming to Springfield Thursday - 5:54 pm
- Fire engulfs West Jeff business - 3:25 pm updated: 6:15 pm.
- New trash plan, rate hike proposed - 11:30 am updated: 11:30 am.
- WWII historian to visit library - 8:34 am
- Two meth labs land London man in prison - 8:17 am
- Library sends supplies - 11:41 pm
- Electrical issue sparks fire at London home - 1:48 pm updated: 2:03 pm.
- WJ council approves Flucke annexation - 1:31 pm
- Semi driver in fatal Tolles crash sentenced - 9:44 am
- Better late than never - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- M-P reviews five-year forecast - 8:24 am
- Ghoul School in session - 8:20 am
- Houser remembered for service, volunteerism - 5:43 pm updated: 11:22 am.
- Two-tier busing passes at M-P - 10:48 am
- Farmers helping Farmer: Neighbors lend a hand for farmer in need - 9:10 am
- Plain City preparing for Christmas - 5:25 pm updated: 11:08 am.
- West Jeff voters to weigh-in on charter changes - 1:36 pm
- Make a Difference this Saturday - 11:39 am
- Three fire protection levies on ballot - 11:20 am
- Library, cemetery levies on ballot - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- West Jeff plans to pave streets - 8:58 am
- Shopping on the street - 8:47 am
- Taylor: ‘Fake Check’ scam could cost Ohioans - 9:18 pm
- Suicide prevention seminar comes to LCS - 5:26 pm updated: 6:05 pm.
- EMS asks voters to approve replacement levy - 4:46 pm
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 3:10 pm updated: 6:27 pm.
- LMS students of the month - 2:09 pm
- International campers in London - 11:06 am
- Smith inducted into HOF - 8:56 am
- Alder staff to do safety training - 8:42 am
A feast for the eyes
Fall colors are peaking in central Ohio this week with brilliant hues of red, gold and orange. A man enjoys the crisp fall air at Madison Lake State P...
Vehicle crash knocks out power
A fatigued driver hit an electrical pole on State Route 56 Wednesday morning, knocking out power to the surrounding area.The accident took place at ab...
California woman gets 8 years for cocaine possession
A California woman will spend the next eight years in prison for transporting cocaine across the country.Desirree Smith, 19, of Lancaster, California,...
Sterling council debates health plan
A Mount Sterling village council member refused to approve a health care plan change Monday evening, requiring members to squeeze in two additional me...
Lower speed limit for Lilly Chapel Road?
The county engineer’s office plans to start a road speed study for Lilly Chapel.Madison County Engineer Bryan Dhume told county commissioners he...
Bluebird treats couple to World Series
Like many before them Roy and Lorraine Klingberg never thought they would get a chance to see their beloved Chicago Cubs in the World Series again....
High School Sports
Friday, Oct. 28FootballMadison-Plains at West Jefferson, 7 p.m.London at Columbus Academy, 7 p.m.Jonathan Alder at Fairbanks, 7 p.m.Saturday, Oct. 29V...
Rangers bounce JA boys
One bounce is all it takes at this time of year to either extend your season or have it end all together.A pair of late game-changing bounces went in ...
OSU might need an undefeated Michigan
COLUMBUS — The key word is almost. Ohio State almost still controls its own destiny after grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory last Saturday...
Be careful what you ask for
No two fans bases in baseball have waited longer to celebrate a World Series championship than the Chicago Cubs (107 years) and the Cleveland Indians ...
OSU hungry after unexpected loss
COLUMBUS — How many ways can you say you have to get over a loss and move on to the next game?The answer was five for Ohio State on Monday durin...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
When I feel discouraged, I paint
If I’m depressed, I paint. When I feel despondent, I paint. When I am extremely angry, I paint.I use paint to disrupt my mental personal abuse. ...
Friesens celebrate 50th anniversary
Corny and Ida Friesen will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary from 2:30 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 6 at the Haven Fellowship Church, 7730 Co...
Shriners donate MaCI activity bags
The Madison County Shrine Club recently visited the Cincinnati Shriners Children’s Hospital.The purpose of the trip was to deliver more than 50 ...
Becoming lost in story
Many ideas float around in one’s head. Sometimes we latch on to one and pull it down into our conscious thoughts. There we play with it and mani...
Garden Club members attend floral school
Representatives of the Open Gate Garden Club recently attended the two-day Ohio Association of Garden Clubs (OAGC) Exhibitors and Judges School No. 6,...
Snyder speaks to Career Club
Career Women’s Community Club welcomed Kelly Snyder with Madison Health, center, at their September meeting. Snyder talked about the changes com...
Letter: Join me in voting Niemeyer in office
(Editor’s note: The deadline to submit a letter to the editor in reference to the Nov. 8 general election is Nov. 1.)Dear Editor:I’m writi...
On dying and death
This is the sixth article I have tried to write in the last week about the passing of my good friend and fellow artist, Jim Keen. At 92 Jim made a cho...
Will Hillary concede the election?
While Donald Trump is the one who endlessly gets asked the question, let’s be honest, the candidate most likely not to accept the results of the...
Where do we go from here?
Wherever you go the overwhelming sentiment is that people can’t wait until this election is over. Psychologists are calling this “Election...
Letter: Niemeyer provides right leadership as state rep
(Editor’s note: The deadline to submit a letter to the editor in reference to the Nov. 8 general election is Nov. 1.)Dear Editor,I commend The M...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...