Eyes on Trump, Clinton Co.
Prison equipment auction nets $686K
Mt. Sterling man killed in motorcycle crash
Millennials in the workplace
Safety Expo fun
- Eyes on Trump, Clinton Co. - 5:23 pm
- Prison equipment auction nets $686K - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Mt. Sterling man killed in motorcycle crash - 8:57 pm
- Three businesses busted for selling alcohol to minors - 6:11 pm
- Ox Roast royalty contestants - 5:19 pm
- Clinton (Co.) set to welcome Trump - 5:12 pm
- Mason Park improvement moves forward - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Millennials in the workplace - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Safety Expo fun - 4:29 pm
- Grimes Field hangars on hold - 3:56 pm
- Madison Health patients to get records at fingertips - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- One ugly truck: Plain City man wins radio show contest - 3:20 pm
- Man pleads guilty to apartment arson - 3:19 pm
- Falcons fly at LoCI - 11:09 am
- London library collecting items to aid Louisiana flood victims - 11:00 am updated: 11:00 am.
- Do all roads lead to Heaven? - 9:00 am
- Plain City hiring economic developer - 8:30 am
- Dog gets second chance after shooting - 5:03 pm
- Accidental overdoses killed 8 people a day in Ohio last year - 5:00 pm
- Time to collect pods to perpetuate monarchs - 4:06 pm
- JD Equipment Fall Expo this Friday - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- Local youth wins world championship title - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- ‘It’s a sad day’: State auctions off equipment at London prison farm - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- New truck to make local recycling easier - 4:46 pm
- Hackett named Legislator of the Year - 9:00 am
- Mt. Sterling ‘sound off’ set for Sept. 12 - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- Two-week trial anticipated for Johnson - 5:58 pm
- Plain City intersection moves forward - 5:51 pm
- Walking the line - 3:46 pm
- Domino’s Pizza returns to London - 8:43 am
- Gross for county administrator: ‘Not a morsel of truth’ - 8:43 am
- Man found dead in wrecked car - 5:10 pm
- New sit-down restaurant eyeing downtown - 8:53 am
- Madison County parishes receive grants - 3:25 am
- Bike trail gets crack repair, sealcoat - 1:36 am
- Book box installed at ER - 7:10 pm
- London Cornet Band playing concert - 7:10 pm
- Soil and Water District Board seeks candidates - 7:10 pm
- Tolles welcomes new staff members - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Healthy churches — Part 2 - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Plain City man buys detention pond, puzzles officials - 8:36 am
- County health commissioner to retire - 7:48 am
- Mexicans get prison for carrying drugs - 3:46 pm
- MaCI donates quilts to Special Olympics - 3:32 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- Cars, trucks coming to Main Street - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- A Plain City ‘institution’ - 8:09 am
- Burglaries up in county - 1:59 am
- John Deere employees volunteer at pantry - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Lindsey places first in Sheep Lead - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Byers bring ‘Imperial’ touch - 7:33 am
Grimes Field hangars on hold
URBANA — A privately-funded project to construct two hangars at Grimes Field in Urbana came to a halt after the anticipated grant funding for th...
Madison Health patients to get records at fingertips
Madison Health patients will have their security at the tip of their finger, beginning next Tuesday.The hospital has partnered with Columbus-based Cr...
One ugly truck: Plain City man wins radio show contest
Believe it or not, the trucks looked good at one point.But it’s been a few years. Now, they’re just ugly.Bob Tobin, of Plain City, took ho...
Man pleads guilty to apartment arson
A London man admitted on Friday to setting his Sheffield Boulevard apartment on fire nearly two years ago.Jackie L. Edwards, Jr., 58, whose last known...
Falcons fly at LoCI
The first falcons born at London Correctional Institution (LoCI) have flown the coop during the first year of the program aimed to benefit both prison...
London library collecting items to aid Louisiana flood victims
The London Public Library is collecting items to help Louisiana flood victims.The items will be distributed by the Baton Rouge bookmobiles to the floo...
LHS falls after 2-hour delay
Lightning doesn’t always strike twice.Arnold Schwarzenegger struck gold with a ‘Terminator’ sequel.Likewise did Marlon Brando with t...
Alder takes down Marysville, 35-10
Prior to the start of the season Jonathan Alder coach Brett Glass talked about how he and his coaches had to be creative in how they were going to get...
AFC North race will tight, tense
CINCINNATI — Round 1 was a raw affair in Pittsburgh on Nov. 1, when the Bengals rallied to win after a week of long-distance name calling.The re...
Area teams off to fast starts
The West Jefferson boys soccer team is off to a strong start.Despite losing their first game of the season Saturday, the Roughriders are still sportin...
Romero sharp as Indians roll WJ in opener
West Jefferson seemed up to the task of competing with Mechanicsburg when the Indians rolled into town Friday night. But they didn’t have Kaleb ...
High school schedule
Saturday, Aug. 27Boys golfWest Jefferson, London, Madison-Plains at MSL Midseason Tourney at Turnberry GC, 1 p.m.Jonathan Alder at Mount Gilead Inv., ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
100 years ago with Charlie Miller
Aug. 25, 1916Madison County Democrat — The Rev. H. G. Solomon of North Vernon, Indiana, is a guest at the Rest Home of Rev. Jennie Linn. Mr. Sol...
Cunninghams celebrate 50th anniversary
Lloyd and Rev. Sandie Cunningham celebrated their 50th anniversary on Sunday, July 17 with a vow renewal ceremony at Mt. Zion African Methodist Episco...
Most of us do not know ourselves
One of the most quoted phrases out of our ancient world was the statement, “Know thyself.” I wonder why they thought it was so important. ...
Readers win piggy banks
Mt. Sterling Public Library awarded a silver piggy bank to their summer reading participant Alex Reece. The drawing was from a fishbowl of entries rea...
A wonderful event happened this past Sunday
This past Sunday, our granddaughter graduated from Ohio State University. She accomplished this in three years while working at three part-time jobs b...
‘Crypto,’ illness from the water
Cryptosporidiosis, also known as Cryptosporidium or ‘Crypto,’ is a very common communicable disease in public health. However, a rise of c...
Editorial: Turnpike test could prove self-driving really works
Ohio’s toll road, a heavily traveled connector between the East Coast and Chicago, is moving closer to allowing the testing of self-driving vehi...
Test dairy, nutrition IQ with MyPlate quizzes
My son, who is 11, says that since butter is made from milk, it should be counted as a dairy food. I know that it’s not dairy, but can you help ...
Quick short rib recipe perfect for fall
It’s coming. It’s subtle — some might say sneaky — but it’s right around the corner. How do I know?Oh, there are lots of...
Making a difference by combating the heroin epidemic
For the last three years I have worked on legislation to transform the federal government’s response to the heroin and opioid addiction epidemic...
End of Ssummer recipe redux
It’s hard to believe that summer is coming to a close and that the Amish school next to us will soon be filled with scholars eager to begin anot...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...