Johnson held on $500,000 bond
Martin: Water looking good
State fair starts today with new icon
‘We no longer trust you’
Plain City intersection hits another road block
- Scaggs celebrate 60th anniversary - 2:41 pm
- Johnson held on $500,000 bond - 1:22 pm updated: 3:38 pm.
- Martin: Water looking good - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- H.E.L.P. House hosts back to school outreach - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- State fair starts today with new icon - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- ‘We no longer trust you’ - 6:40 am
- Plain City intersection hits another road block - 9:05 pm
- Region feels the debate loss - 5:10 pm
- Ohioans report police and fire charity scams - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- TCC, A Wireless donating school supply packs - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- Pumpkin Field Day slated for Aug. 18 - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Mt. Sterling boy wins ‘Battle of the Brickyard’ - 6:55 am
- Fire chief: Runs to abated businesses ‘taxes’ the FD - 4:56 am
- Man sent to prison for gun theft, high speed chase - 5:48 pm
- Dem convention roiled by emails, chairwoman - 4:57 pm
- Trump galvanizes party faithful - 5:07 pm
- Johnson: How did he do it? - 4:58 pm updated: 5:09 pm.
- Two charged with murder in Fayette Co. - 4:53 pm
- Alder to offer season sports passes - 1:27 pm
- London’s Shuff wears medal of Eagle Scout - 9:00 am
- Better late than never - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Progress at EMS building - 8:01 am
- Spectacle outside the RNC - 6:12 pm
- Teen gets 7 years for breaking into home, beating woman at gunpoint - 5:57 pm
- Judge: No prison for Stoops - 4:24 pm
- More ribbons awarded at fair dog show - 11:09 am
- Rotary installs new officers - 9:00 am
- Councilman: Johnson arrest a ‘dark blow’ for village - 6:58 am
- West Jeff approves Flucke Trust annexation - 5:29 pm
- Report: West Jeff pool revenue is up - 5:06 pm
- MCAC wears ‘Pajama Game’ well - 5:03 pm
- Correction - 5:34 am
- Manure expo coming to London - 5:14 pm updated: 5:22 pm.
- Theft in office: Cars, tools, camper — even dental work — bought with village money - 5:01 pm updated: 4:29 pm.
- Former Mt. Sterling administrator arrested for stealing nearly $1 million from village - 10:04 am updated: 5:03 pm.
- Hog wash: Fair board, Gross say no truth to Facebook rumor - 8:35 am
- Barber wins it all at fair showman of showmen - 3:12 am
- Bike trail use moving up - 12:53 am updated: 5:33 pm.
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Proper fry pan toss - 3:57 pm
- Pull draws crowd - 3:52 pm
- Duo caught with meth face 11 years - 8:37 pm
- BCI to use Battelle DNA technology at lab - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Horse barn plan for park proposed - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Rubel repeats at Dog Showman of Showmen - 12:23 am
- Have you opened the door yet? - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- London St. Patrick schedules free concert by ‘Romans’ - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Alyson Petee wins Swine Showman of Showmen - 4:52 am
- Another check off Shiann’s bucket list - 4:38 am
- M-P BOE votes down two-tier busing - 12:42 am
TCC, A Wireless donating school supply packs
A local branch of TCC, the largest Verizon Premium Wireless Retailer in the U.S., will be donating 250 backpacks full of school supplies to children t...
Pumpkin Field Day slated for Aug. 18
SOUTH CHARLESTON — This year’s Aug. 18 Pumpkin Field Day will offer growers valuable research updates regarding disease, insect and weed c...
Mt. Sterling boy wins ‘Battle of the Brickyard’
Someone once said the last shall be first and the first last. Count Trevor Null among them.Null, 15, of Mount Sterling, won the biggest race in quarte...
Fire chief: Runs to abated businesses ‘taxes’ the FD
Jefferson Township’s fire chief said his department is “being taxed” by an increasing number of runs to businesses with tax abatemen...
Man sent to prison for gun theft, high speed chase
URBANA — A West Jefferson man charged for theft of a firearm and a high-speed chase was sent to prison Monday in the Champaign County Common Ple...
Dem convention roiled by emails, chairwoman
PHILADELPHIA — Seeking to avoid a televised display of disunity, Bernie Sanders on Monday urged supporters to line up behind Democrat Hillary Cl...
Harbaugh is ‘One of a kind’
CHICAGO – Michigan tight end Jake Butt offered a concise description of his coach Jim Harbaugh at the Big Ten Football Media Days on Monday.R...
“Mitts for Miracles” a success
Mother Nature prevented championships from being claimed in two of the three divisions of the the London Fastpitch “Mitts for Miracles” Al...
WJYAA volleyball sign-ups underway
West Jefferson Youth Athletic Association (WJYAA) is now accepting volleyball registrations. The cost for registration is $65 and will be for students...
MPHS golf tryouts
The Madison-Plains boys and girls golf teams will be conducting tryouts at 7 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 1, at Locust Hills Golf Club, 5575 N. River Road, Sp...
Coughlin family invades National Trail
HEBRON — The Buckeye Fuel Wars — aka the Coughlin Family Showcase — takes place at National Trail Raceway in Hebron this weekend. Fi...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Iota Beta honored at national convention
Thirteen members of Iota Beta attended the 2016 Phi Beta Psi National Convention in Cleveland July 11-13.The Chapter received the Mitzi Jones Memorial...
Troyer and Keigley to exchange vows
Walter G. Keigley Jr. and Patricia A. Keigley of London announce the engagement of their son, Brian K. Keigley to Victoria D. Troyer daughter of Eliza...
Book club awards door prizes
Carolyn Tadlock won the game prize drawing at the June Around Town Book Club meeting. Her gift included a $10 gift card to The Rusty Keg, and a Mt. St...
The pleasure of finishing a memory
The barn last week was one of three main elements that made up this memorable scene. Besides the barn, there was a farm pond and a large Oak tree besi...
Times are troubled
There is a movement going on that everybody has heard about and it is a movement that is rooted in the belief that in our justice system black lives a...
Try strawberry soup for an easy supper
I love being a mother. There’s nothing in the entire world I’d rather do than be a wife to my beloved husband Daniel and be called mother ...
Memories of camping and Bob Evans Farm
The Girl Scout troop I led when my oldest child was in elementary school and a year into middle school was all about camping. They knew much more abou...
Dem convention must stir, renew interest in Clinton
For Democrats, the upcoming convention in Philadelphia offers a chance to do what Hillary Clinton’s campaign so far has struggled to do.Build ex...
Sewage repairs funds are available
The Madison County-London City Health District has funding available to repair or replace existing household sewage treatment systems (septic tanks, a...
Better late than never
Did you know there are several meanings to being “on time?” There are! To be on time means to be somewhere at a designated time. That is, ...
Living day by day and appreciating it more and more
As I opened the curtains this morning (July 19) I could see fog disappearing in the field in front of me. That was a strange sight for the middle of J...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...