Mt. Sterling ‘sound off’ set for Sept. 12
LCC’s O’Connor leads battle to be Michigan State’s No. 1 QB
Two-week trial anticipated for Johnson
Plain City intersection moves forward
Walking the line
- Hackett named Legislator of the Year - 9:00 am
- Mt. Sterling ‘sound off’ set for Sept. 12 - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- Two-week trial anticipated for Johnson - 5:58 pm
- Plain City intersection moves forward - 5:51 pm
- Walking the line - 3:46 pm
- Domino’s Pizza returns to London - 8:43 am
- Gross for county administrator: ‘Not a morsel of truth’ - 8:43 am
- Man found dead in wrecked car - 5:10 pm
- New sit-down restaurant eyeing downtown - 8:53 am
- Madison County parishes receive grants - 3:25 am
- Bike trail gets crack repair, sealcoat - 1:36 am
- Book box installed at ER - 7:10 pm
- London Cornet Band playing concert - 7:10 pm
- Soil and Water District Board seeks candidates - 7:10 pm
- Tolles welcomes new staff members - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Healthy churches — Part 2 - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Plain City man buys detention pond, puzzles officials - 8:36 am
- County health commissioner to retire - 7:48 am
- Mexicans get prison for carrying drugs - 3:46 pm
- MaCI donates quilts to Special Olympics - 3:32 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- Cars, trucks coming to Main Street - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- A Plain City ‘institution’ - 8:09 am
- Burglaries up in county - 1:59 am
- John Deere employees volunteer at pantry - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Lindsey places first in Sheep Lead - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Byers bring ‘Imperial’ touch - 7:33 am
- Legion post donates to Mt. Sterling Chamber - 4:59 am
- Peart a ‘timely’ winner at state fair - 4:47 am
- Woman faces prison for assault - 3:52 pm
- Block watch forming in West Jeff - 3:46 pm
- West High to close for drainage work - 12:03 pm
- Commissioners approve WJ annexation - 8:33 am
- American Legion supports back to school - 8:13 am
- ‘The keystone of downtown’ - 8:06 am
- M-P honors fair winners - 4:14 am
- Anonymous donor gives trike to disabled man - 5:25 pm
- LoCI guard indicted for smuggling drugs - 9:46 am
- London’s Finke shows champion holstein - 9:00 am
- Man accused of faking drug test gets jail - 8:58 am
- West High to close for work Monday - 5:14 pm
- One corny mascot: ‘Brutus’ corn image shows off Farm Science Review technology - 1:51 pm
- Healthy churches — Part 1 - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Village considers contracting utility services - 8:27 am
- Huff to share stories from mission trip - 7:23 am
- M-P board tables two-tier busing for 2017-18 - 6:51 am
- Piccione putt pushes for par in Powers - 2:51 am
- Three-semi accident closes interstate - 4:48 pm
- Village residents threaten recall - 8:00 am updated: 8:00 am.
- Jonathan Alder High School air conditioning repaired for school year - 8:00 am updated: 8:00 am.
- Lines in the water - 6:20 am
Madison County parishes receive grants
Madison County Roman Catholic parishes received more than $32,000 in grants from The Catholic Foundation during the organization’s most recent f...
Bike trail gets crack repair, sealcoat
Yellow caution tape crosses the Prairie Grass bike path at Roberts Road as a warning. The path has been undergoing a crack fill and seal coat process ...
Book box installed at ER
Madison Senior Living Community has partnered with the London Public Library to place a Library box in the emergency waiting area at Madison Health.Th...
London Cornet Band playing concert
The London Silver Cornet Band will perform a free concert to the tune of 1866 next week.The event will take place at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 28, at the...
Soil and Water District Board seeks candidates
Would you like to have a leading role in local conservation issues and natural resource protection? Here is your opportunity. The Madison Soil and Wat...
Tolles welcomes new staff members
Tolles Career & Technical Center has some new staff members for the 2016-2017 school year.New staff members include: Andrew Landers (Junior Comput...
London boys open season with 3-1 win
The London boys soccer team showed some fight in its season opener Monday, Aug. 22, and that type of resilience will serve the Red Raiders well this s...
Harvick loves new Bristol Speedway
BRISTOL, Tenn. — Kevin Harvick believes Bristol Motor Speedway is on to something. Now, he wants similar tracks to follow that lead.Bristol offi...
High school schedule
Tuesday, Aug. 23Girls golfNortheastern, Logan Elm at Madison-Plains at Locust Hills GC, 5:30 p.m.Centerburg at Jonathan Alder, 5 p.m.Boys golfMadison-...
The good, the bad and the ugly of the Rio Games
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Michael Phelps won more medals than anyone else, again. And then he said farewell, also again.Usain Bolt kissed the finish...
Must-see games for 2016
The high school football season starts on Friday, Aug. 26, for all four county teams. Unless you’re a sports reporter frantically trying to get ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Reader to win piggy bank
Mt. Sterling Public Library Director Chris Siscoe assists Cristen Morris, newest employee of Chase Bank in Mount Sterling, as she draws out of the fis...
Matthew and Carrie Popovich, of Canal Winchester, announce the birth of a son, Carter Robert Popovich, born Wednesday, June 1, 2016, in Dublin.He weig...
Why I turn many paintings to the wall
Turning paintings to the wall really sounds absurd to most people. Why would anyone turn a painting to the wall and only see the back of the painting....
Sen. Bob Peterson visits retirees group
The July meeting of the Fayette/Madison County Ohio Public Employee Retiree Systems bimonthly meeting was held in the meeting room of the Fayette Coun...
Berry and Troyer to exchange vows
Stephen Berry of Plain City and Michael and Dawn Johnson of London announce the engagement of their daughter, Aliscia M. Berry of London to Alex J. Tr...
Tatman family holds 33rd reunion
The 33rd annual Tatman Reunion was held Saturday, July 16, at Goshen Memorial Park in Mechanicsburg.One hundred and one family members and guests enjo...
Clinton avoiding interviews, so let’s make up some stuff
For anyone complaining about a lack of media access to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, her campaign has great news: It now has a podc...
Healthy churches — Part 2
The Barna Group tells us that the average size of the average church in America today is 89 adults, and that 60 percent of Protestant churches have le...
What does Congress need? Your attention!
Now that the conventions are over, I know that all eyes are on the fall presidential campaign. But I’m going to ask you to shift your focus a bi...
Most of us do not know ourselves
One of the most quoted phrases out of our ancient world was the statement, “Know thyself.” I wonder why they thought it was so important. ...
Some simple advice for kids heading back to school
And with that, summer disappeared just as quickly as it had arrived, leaving behind wistful memories of afternoons spent lounging at the swimming pool...
Letter: Failure to communicate in Mount Sterling
Communication is vital, with listening as well as speaking, and historically both have been an issue in Mount Sterling.Lack of communication is creati...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...