New graduation requirements under fire
Vehicle crash knocks out power
California woman gets 8 years for cocaine possession
Sterling council debates health plan
Lower speed limit for Lilly Chapel Road?
- New graduation requirements under fire - 4:18 pm
- A feast for the eyes - 3:52 pm
- Vehicle crash knocks out power - 1:19 pm updated: 10:56 pm.
- California woman gets 8 years for cocaine possession - 11:38 am
- Sterling council debates health plan - 9:54 am
- Lower speed limit for Lilly Chapel Road? - 8:52 am
- Bluebird treats couple to World Series - 8:35 am updated: 11:26 am.
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 11:40 am
- Gates named Rotary’s October SOTM - 9:00 am
- Garage burns to ground in Mt. Sterling - 8:46 am
- Man who stole car, fled, gets prison - 8:12 am
- Hospital celebrates growth at annual meeting - 8:03 am
- Trump coming to Springfield Thursday - 5:54 pm
- Fire engulfs West Jeff business - 3:25 pm updated: 6:15 pm.
- New trash plan, rate hike proposed - 11:30 am updated: 11:30 am.
- WWII historian to visit library - 8:34 am
- Two meth labs land London man in prison - 8:17 am
- Library sends supplies - 11:41 pm
- Electrical issue sparks fire at London home - 1:48 pm updated: 2:03 pm.
- WJ council approves Flucke annexation - 1:31 pm
- Semi driver in fatal Tolles crash sentenced - 9:44 am
- Better late than never - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- M-P reviews five-year forecast - 8:24 am
- Ghoul School in session - 8:20 am
- Houser remembered for service, volunteerism - 5:43 pm updated: 11:22 am.
- Two-tier busing passes at M-P - 10:48 am
- Farmers helping Farmer: Neighbors lend a hand for farmer in need - 9:10 am
- Plain City preparing for Christmas - 5:25 pm updated: 11:08 am.
- West Jeff voters to weigh-in on charter changes - 1:36 pm
- Make a Difference this Saturday - 11:39 am
- Three fire protection levies on ballot - 11:20 am
- Library, cemetery levies on ballot - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- West Jeff plans to pave streets - 8:58 am
- Shopping on the street - 8:47 am
- Taylor: ‘Fake Check’ scam could cost Ohioans - 9:18 pm
- Suicide prevention seminar comes to LCS - 5:26 pm updated: 6:05 pm.
- EMS asks voters to approve replacement levy - 4:46 pm
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 3:10 pm updated: 6:27 pm.
- LMS students of the month - 2:09 pm
- International campers in London - 11:06 am
- Smith inducted into HOF - 8:56 am
- Alder staff to do safety training - 8:42 am
- Columbus drunk driver gets prison - 8:15 am
- Friends to host clean-up day for trail - 5:33 pm updated: 6:14 pm.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month - 5:02 pm
- Cowling Chicken Challenge - 4:14 pm
- Behind the scenes at BCI - 2:34 pm
- Plain City business builds custom podiums for Clinton - 9:05 am
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- New business opens in Mt. Sterling - 8:30 am updated: 12:06 pm.
Garage burns to ground in Mt. Sterling
A garage was destroyed by fire Monday evening in Mount Sterling.Tri-County Joint Fire District received the call to 253 N. Market St. at 4:42 p.m.R...
Man who stole car, fled, gets prison
The Dayton man who fled into a cornfield after attempting to hijack A Good Samaritan’s car on Interstate 70 was sentenced to three years in pris...
Hospital celebrates growth at annual meeting
Madison Health supporters and leaders gathered to celebrate the hospital’s recent growth and recognize some of their own during the corporate di...
Trump coming to Springfield Thursday
The presidential race is getting even closer to Madison County.Republican Presidential candidate Donald J. Trump will be holding a rally in Springfiel...
Fire engulfs West Jeff business
The building at a West Jefferson-area junk yard is a total loss following a large fire at the business on Monday.The fire was reported at about 2 p.m....
New trash plan, rate hike proposed
London trash bags and the red and green recycling bins may soon be a thing of the past.A proposed sanitation plan is calling for city residents to swi...
High School Sports
Wednesday, Oct. 26Girls soccerNo. 6 Buckeye Valley at No. 2 Jonathan Alder in D-II district semifinal, 7 p.m.VolleyballNo. 4 London vs. No. 5 Johnstow...
Runners qualify for regional
PATASKALA — The lone survivors. That’s what a collection of London and Jonathan Alder cross country runners have become.Jonathan AlderR...
Alder suffers first loss
Things didn’t go quite the way Jonathan Alder High School football would have hoped in a Week 9 tilt at River Valley Friday evening, Oct. 21.The...
NFL’s Week 7: U-G-L-Y, you ain’t got no alibi
Let’s not write off the NFL just yet, no matter what the declining TV ratings say. Still, this was one long day of tedious, bad football that sh...
High School Sports
Tuesday, Oct. 25Boys soccerNo. 8 Jonathan Alder at No. 4 Hamilton Township in D-II district semifinal, 7 p.m.Wednesday, Oct. 26Girls soccerNo. 6 Bucke...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Friesens celebrate 50th anniversary
Corny and Ida Friesen will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary from 2:30 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 6 at the Haven Fellowship Church, 7730 Co...
Shriners donate MaCI activity bags
The Madison County Shrine Club recently visited the Cincinnati Shriners Children’s Hospital.The purpose of the trip was to deliver more than 50 ...
Becoming lost in story
Many ideas float around in one’s head. Sometimes we latch on to one and pull it down into our conscious thoughts. There we play with it and mani...
Garden Club members attend floral school
Representatives of the Open Gate Garden Club recently attended the two-day Ohio Association of Garden Clubs (OAGC) Exhibitors and Judges School No. 6,...
Snyder speaks to Career Club
Career Women’s Community Club welcomed Kelly Snyder with Madison Health, center, at their September meeting. Snyder talked about the changes com...
Preschoolers visit Tri-County FD
Mt. Sterling Public Library’s weekly Preschool Storytime program visited the Tri-County Fire Department to educate the children during the month...
Letter: Roach brings next level of experience
(Editor’s note: The deadline to submit a letter to the editor in reference to the Nov. 8 general election is Nov. 1.)Dear Editor,This letter is ...
Savory dishes suit fall weather
What creatures of habit we are. Just like bears, as soon as the days grow noticeably shorter, and the nights grow cooler, we head for our cozy, warm d...
Gloria on the move
Falling leaves are signaling the arrival of autumn and with it the slowing down of busy summer schedules. A major project has been crossed off our lis...
Better late than never
How many times have you heard someone say, “Better late than never”? I have heard it said numerous times and I have also said it myself.Th...
When I feel discouraged, I paint
If I’m depressed, I paint. When I feel despondent, I paint. When I am extremely angry, I paint.I use paint to disrupt my mental personal abuse. ...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...