Revamped busing proposal at Madison-Plains
State offers drug treatment, early release
Heisman not on Ohio State quarterback Barrett’s radar
Audit: Stoops has paid restitution
Community rallies behind WJ boy
- Revamped busing proposal at Madison-Plains - 9:31 am
- State offers drug treatment, early release - 9:00 am
- Audit: Stoops has paid restitution - 11:04 am
- Community rallies behind WJ boy - 9:15 am updated: 9:15 am.
- CPR, first-aid classes offered at Madison Health - 9:00 am
- Plain City biz putting the Brakes on Breast Cancer - 8:52 am
- Madison Health welcomes new general surgeon - 8:30 am
- Political hopefuls gather for debate - 8:29 am
- West High to close for drainage work - 5:14 pm
- Round 1 slugfest: Clinton, Trump battle over taxes, race and terror - 5:02 pm
- Mt. Sterling seeks ‘less luxurious’ insurance plan - 4:46 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- WJ woman gets two years for knife attack - 1:53 pm
- Crews respond to house fire in London - 1:00 pm updated: 2:08 pm.
- Tragedy turned dream: Inclusive playground planned in memory of baby - 9:21 am
- Plowing in style - 9:00 am
- Commissioners approve loan for Somerford EMS bay - 5:51 pm updated: 5:59 pm.
- Commissioners approve loan for Somerford EMS bay - 5:51 pm
- West Jeff’s queen - 2:39 pm
- Madison-Plains celebrates homecoming - 1:36 pm
- London arsonist gets six years - 9:08 am
- Helping hungry kids: Sufficient Grace brings backpack meals to London - 9:00 am updated: 10:38 am.
- Columbus woman questions legality of blood draw - 6:17 pm updated: 6:30 pm.
- OSU: Weather, innovation boost FSR attendance - 4:49 pm
- Plain City man dies in Union County crash - 12:37 pm
- St. Patrick hosts prayer service for county law enforcement - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Plant a garden, save the bees - 8:54 am
- ‘Unhappy News’: Losses across the board for Ohio grain crops - 8:51 am
- Genetically modified crops: Myths and realities - 8:30 am
- Cook named new health commissioner - 8:29 am
- Throwback Thursday! - 1:55 pm
- Five finalists for county administrator - 11:13 am
- Raising fish and plants together? Farm Science Review talks aquaponics - 11:07 am
- South Vienna man pleads not guilty to public indecency - 9:14 am
- South Vienna man pleads not guilty to public indecency - 9:11 am
- Former Peebles employee charged with stealing from store - 10:31 am
- Celebrating Ohio agriculture at the Farm Science Review - 9:33 am
- Mt. Sterling woman pleads guilty to theft from family - 9:24 am
- WJ hires new part-time police officer - 9:24 am
- Meet the candidates Monday - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Painting of historic school donated - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Commissioners proclaim September ‘Recovery Month’ - 9:00 am updated: 7:02 pm.
- Farm Science Review begins today - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- RAMTEC adding new training tools - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Parent workshops to be offered Thursday at Tolles - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Junior Achievement seeks volunteers for 2016-2017 classes - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- London man hurt in Florida accident - 6:23 pm updated: 9:59 pm.
- Area man arrested for public indecency - 5:58 pm
- London native rocks New York Fashion Week - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- London parks getting upgrades - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- 9/11 first responder shares story with West jeff students - 10:55 pm
Round 1 slugfest: Clinton, Trump battle over taxes, race and terror
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. — In a combative opening debate, Hillary Clinton emphatically denounced Donald Trump Monday night for keeping his personal tax r...
Mt. Sterling seeks ‘less luxurious’ insurance plan
Cost-saving cuts to village health insurance were put in the works at the Mount Sterling village council meeting Monday evening.Village Administrator ...
WJ woman gets two years for knife attack
A West Jefferson woman who attacked her boyfriend with a knife after seeing him with another woman will be spending the next two years behind bars.Chr...
Crews respond to house fire in London
Flames broke out at a home in London on Tuesday afternoon.Firefighters were dispatched to the home, located at 239 N. Main St., at about 11:50 a.m. No...
Tragedy turned dream: Inclusive playground planned in memory of baby
Noah’s laugh always ended in a squeal. He loved to blow raspberries, he babbled constantly and always wanted to be in the middle of the noise.Ev...
Plowing in style
West Jefferson High School ninth grade students in teacher Amy Gravlin’s art class recently spent a day painting two snow plow blades that plow ...
Burfict back to help Bengals regroup
CINCINNATI — Linebacker Vontaze Burfict is back with the Bengals, looking to inject some energy into a team off to its worst start in five years...
LeBron says “a personal goal” to match Jordan
INDEPENDENCE — Now that LeBron James has won a championship for the ages, he’s set a loftier goal:Catching Michael Jordan.Long flattered t...
High School Schedule
Wednesday, Sept. 28Girls golfJonathan Alder, Madison-Plains at Division II Sectional tournament at Mill Creek Golf Course, 10:30 a.m.Girls soccerColum...
Ash’s return not a concern for OSU
COLUMBUS — When Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer looks at film of what former OSU defensive coordinator Chris Ash is doing in his first sea...
Alder stays perfect in 43-16 win
The Jonathan Alder High School football team is halfway through what could be a perfect regular season, following a 43-16 defeat of host Galion Friday...
County teams playing well
The fall sports season begins to make its way toward the postseason, and a handful of Madison County teams are closing in on league championships and ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Ron Wells and Katie Weeter, of London, announce the birth of a daughter, Allyson Mae Wells, born Monday, Aug. 29, 2016, at Madison Health in London.Sh...
Plain City Lions awards scholarships
Ashley Day, left, daughter of Tim and Beth Day, Plain City, was recently awarded the Vowell scholarship of $1,000 from the Plain City Lions Club. The ...
New Super Reader Club
Mt. Sterling Public Library will be starting a new initiative to promote early literacy called the “Super Reader Club.” A trophy will be a...
Phillips family reunites
The 96th annual Phillips family reunion took place on Sunday, Aug. 7 at the home of Tim and Dorothy Phillips Amling.Family members gathered to enjoy f...
I am a copyist of what I see
Sometimes I feel like a monk who copies the Bible, only now, I copy the simple glories of God as I can see, understand and feel them.I am first to adm...
Letter: Thank you, Farm Science Review volunteers
Dear Editor,The Madison County Chamber of Commerce would like to thank and recognize all who volunteered with the set-up and tear down of their lot fo...
Hillary’s health, Trump’s racism
For daring to ask Hillary Clinton several questions and follow-up questions about her disregard for national security in regard to her use of private ...
Workforce development a key
Many of the bills passed by the legislature and signed by the governor earlier this year have recently gone into effect. One of those pieces of legisl...
Why this Democrat wants a strong Republican Party
I’ve been a Democrat all my life. I believe in the party’s values, I’m pleased when its candidates win elections, and I’m pers...
For Clinton, ominous signs in Ohio
SPRINGFIELD — In less than a week, Hillary Clinton went from a 7 point lead over rival Donald Trump to a 5 point deficit in this must-win battle...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...