Electrical issue sparks fire at London home
Semi driver in fatal Tolles crash sentenced
M-P reviews five-year forecast
Ghoul School in session
Houser remembered for service, volunteerism
- Electrical issue sparks fire at London home - 1:48 pm updated: 2:03 pm.
- WJ council approves Flucke annexation - 1:31 pm
- Semi driver in fatal Tolles crash sentenced - 9:44 am
- Better late than never - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- M-P reviews five-year forecast - 8:24 am
- Ghoul School in session - 8:20 am
- Houser remembered for service, volunteerism - 5:43 pm updated: 11:22 am.
- Two-tier busing passes at M-P - 10:48 am
- Farmers helping Farmer: Neighbors lend a hand for farmer in need - 9:10 am
- Plain City preparing for Christmas - 5:25 pm updated: 11:08 am.
- West Jeff voters to weigh-in on charter changes - 1:36 pm
- Make a Difference this Saturday - 11:39 am
- Three fire protection levies on ballot - 11:20 am
- Library, cemetery levies on ballot - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- West Jeff plans to pave streets - 8:58 am
- Shopping on the street - 8:47 am
- Taylor: ‘Fake Check’ scam could cost Ohioans - 9:18 pm
- Suicide prevention seminar comes to LCS - 5:26 pm updated: 6:05 pm.
- EMS asks voters to approve replacement levy - 4:46 pm
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 3:10 pm updated: 6:27 pm.
- LMS students of the month - 2:09 pm
- International campers in London - 11:06 am
- Smith inducted into HOF - 8:56 am
- Alder staff to do safety training - 8:42 am
- Columbus drunk driver gets prison - 8:15 am
- Friends to host clean-up day for trail - 5:33 pm updated: 6:14 pm.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month - 5:02 pm
- Cowling Chicken Challenge - 4:14 pm
- Behind the scenes at BCI - 2:34 pm
- Plain City business builds custom podiums for Clinton - 9:05 am
- Halloween events planned in Madison County - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- New business opens in Mt. Sterling - 8:30 am updated: 12:06 pm.
- Legion donates to Special Olympics - 6:30 pm
- Plain City woman charged with selling drugs near school - 12:44 pm
- Democrats opening headquarters - 9:45 am updated: 9:45 am.
- Artist blends history, paint for mural - 9:00 am
- The cross is sometimes hidden - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Council approves restroom fixes, pool heater - 8:41 am
- UMW hosting benefit dinner - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- Heroin discussion in works in Mt. Sterling - 8:14 am
- Path through the park - 5:14 pm
- Throwback Thursday! - 2:09 pm
- MaCI inmates donate to veterans - 8:57 am
- The Press remembers Virginia Minnick - 8:50 am
- Opticians give back sight - 5:42 pm updated: 5:45 pm.
- Walk to School Day - 4:37 pm
- Music programs on the rise at Alder - 9:43 am
- JIC valuation sent back to state tax board - 8:41 am
- Artist finds healing through painting - 8:30 am
- Hackett accepts award for Legislator of the Year - 8:25 am
Plain City preparing for Christmas
It may still be October, but Plain City is gearing up for Christmas.The village’s annual holiday event, Christmas Under the Clock, will return t...
West Jeff voters to weigh-in on charter changes
Voters in West Jefferson are being asked to approve changes to the village charter that do not fundamentally change it’s meaning but rather have...
Make a Difference this Saturday
Calls for community service will be answered across Madison County this Saturday on Make a Difference Day.For the second time, communities will band t...
Three fire protection levies on ballot
Three fire protection levies are on the ballot in Madison County Nov. 8.Central TownshipsCentral Townships Joint Fire District is asking voters to app...
Library, cemetery levies on ballot
Voters in Madison County are being asked to approve various property tax levies on the Nov. 8 general election ballot.They are:Mt. Sterling Public Lib...
West Jeff plans to pave streets
West Jefferson will spend $1 million repaving streets over the coming five years, pending council’s approval.Public service director John Mitche...
WJ-London tilt highlights Week 9
As the end of the high school football season approaches, Madison County teams are playing not only for pride this season, a couple are trying to set ...
Madison-Plains’ Ben Fisher runs the cross country course at the Ohio Heritage Conference Championship meet held at the Elvin R. King Cross Count...
Plan starts with stopping Barkley
COLUMBUS — Penn State running back Saquon Barkley isn’t eligible for the NFL draft until 2018, but Urban Meyer thinks he already looks lik...
Defense carries LMS to win
The London Eighth grade Red Raiders football team traveled to the Columbus Academy Monday, Oct. 17, and moved one step closer to a perfect season with...
High School Schedule
Thursday, Oct. 20Boys soccerNo. 20 London at No. 2 Granville in D-II District Tournament, 7 p.m.No. 8 Jonathan Alder at No. 6 Bloom-Carroll in D-II Di...
Meyer: Close game good for OSU
COLUMBUS — From Urban Meyer at the top, down through the ranks, the message coming out of Ohio State’s football team on Monday was that so...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Becoming lost in story
Many ideas float around in one’s head. Sometimes we latch on to one and pull it down into our conscious thoughts. There we play with it and mani...
Garden Club members attend floral school
Representatives of the Open Gate Garden Club recently attended the two-day Ohio Association of Garden Clubs (OAGC) Exhibitors and Judges School No. 6,...
Snyder speaks to Career Club
Career Women’s Community Club welcomed Kelly Snyder with Madison Health, center, at their September meeting. Snyder talked about the changes com...
Preschoolers visit Tri-County FD
Mt. Sterling Public Library’s weekly Preschool Storytime program visited the Tri-County Fire Department to educate the children during the month...
LHS class of 1976 celebrates 40th reunion
On Sept. 24, the London High School Class of 1976 gathered at the Red Brick Tavern for its 40th class reunion. Attending were front row from left: Bil...
Garden Club installs new officers
The Open Gate Garden Club installed new officers at its latest meeting.Members met Sept. 7 at the Central Townships Joint Fire District station in New...
’Tis the season for Apple Cake
We’ve had a spell of gorgeous weather over the last few weeks. Sun, blue sky, moderate temperatures — I can’t get enough of it. The ...
Addressing the growing threat
During the Korean War, the United States came to the defense of our allies in South Korea who were being invaded by the oppressive government in North...
Jay Ambrose: Where are the shackles when we need them?
Donald Trump is unshackled as well as unhinged. The tattletales on both sides of the political divide are uninhibited. Informative political discussio...
Manufacturing alive, growing in Ohio
Amid the political bickering over economic plans, taxes and trade deals that we hear every election cycle come these standard refrains: “All the...
Prepare your family for emergencies this month
Now is a great time to think about your family’s emergency plan for winter storms. You can prepare an emergency supply kit for your car — ...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...