Safety Expo fun
One ugly truck: Plain City man wins radio show contest
Man pleads guilty to apartment arson
Plain City hiring economic developer
Dog gets second chance after shooting
- Safety Expo fun - 4:29 pm
- Grimes Field hangars on hold - 3:56 pm
- Madison Health patients to get records at fingertips - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- One ugly truck: Plain City man wins radio show contest - 3:20 pm
- Man pleads guilty to apartment arson - 3:19 pm
- Falcons fly at LoCI - 11:09 am
- London library collecting items to aid Louisiana flood victims - 11:00 am updated: 11:00 am.
- Do all roads lead to Heaven? - 9:00 am
- Plain City hiring economic developer - 8:30 am
- Dog gets second chance after shooting - 5:03 pm
- Accidental overdoses killed 8 people a day in Ohio last year - 5:00 pm
- Time to collect pods to perpetuate monarchs - 4:06 pm
- JD Equipment Fall Expo this Friday - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- Local youth wins world championship title - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- ‘It’s a sad day’: State auctions off equipment at London prison farm - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- New truck to make local recycling easier - 4:46 pm
- Hackett named Legislator of the Year - 9:00 am
- Mt. Sterling ‘sound off’ set for Sept. 12 - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- Two-week trial anticipated for Johnson - 5:58 pm
- Plain City intersection moves forward - 5:51 pm
- Walking the line - 3:46 pm
- Domino’s Pizza returns to London - 8:43 am
- Gross for county administrator: ‘Not a morsel of truth’ - 8:43 am
- Man found dead in wrecked car - 5:10 pm
- New sit-down restaurant eyeing downtown - 8:53 am
- Madison County parishes receive grants - 3:25 am
- Bike trail gets crack repair, sealcoat - 1:36 am
- Book box installed at ER - 7:10 pm
- London Cornet Band playing concert - 7:10 pm
- Soil and Water District Board seeks candidates - 7:10 pm
- Tolles welcomes new staff members - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Healthy churches — Part 2 - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Plain City man buys detention pond, puzzles officials - 8:36 am
- County health commissioner to retire - 7:48 am
- Mexicans get prison for carrying drugs - 3:46 pm
- MaCI donates quilts to Special Olympics - 3:32 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- Cars, trucks coming to Main Street - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- A Plain City ‘institution’ - 8:09 am
- Burglaries up in county - 1:59 am
- John Deere employees volunteer at pantry - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Lindsey places first in Sheep Lead - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Byers bring ‘Imperial’ touch - 7:33 am
- Legion post donates to Mt. Sterling Chamber - 4:59 am
- Peart a ‘timely’ winner at state fair - 4:47 am
- Woman faces prison for assault - 3:52 pm
- Block watch forming in West Jeff - 3:46 pm
- West High to close for drainage work - 12:03 pm
- Commissioners approve WJ annexation - 8:33 am
- American Legion supports back to school - 8:13 am
- ‘The keystone of downtown’ - 8:06 am
Dog gets second chance after shooting
The London man who shot his dog in the mouth and left it on a rural road in May will spend six days in jail and serve 40 hours of community service at...
Accidental overdoses killed 8 people a day in Ohio last year
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Accidental drug overdoses killed 3,050 people in Ohio last year, an average of eight per day, as deaths blamed on the powe...
Time to collect pods to perpetuate monarchs
COLUMBUS — With the drastic decline in the population of the monarch butterfly, the Ohio Pollinator Habitat Initiative is asking the public for ...
JD Equipment Fall Expo this Friday
JD Equipment, the largest John Deere dealership group in Ohio, is hosting its annual Fall Expo this weekend.Formerly known as the World’s Larges...
Local youth wins world championship title
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. —A Plain City girl has captured a world championship title in a horse show.Natalie Vargo, of Plain City, won in hunter hack...
‘It’s a sad day’: State auctions off equipment at London prison farm
A Madison County tradition was dismantled and divided on Wednesday, one truck load at a time.Hundreds attended an auction at London Correctional Insti...
Eagles soar in 44-0 victory
Madison-Plains head football coach Jason Hunt couldn’t have asked for a better start to the season than the one his Golden Eagles delivered in a...
OSU eager to get Brown on field
COLUMBUS — Noah Brown has had more surgeries than catches in his career at Ohio State, but has earned the respect of his teammates and coaches, ...
With no deal, Chargers withdraw offer to Bosa
SAN DIEGO — Joey Bosa’s holdout turned ugly Wednesday when the San Diego Chargers pulled their contract offer to the first-round draft pic...
Football returns tonight
Nearly nine months of waiting for high school football to return will end Friday evening when three of the four Madison County teams host season opene...
JA girls, volleyball win openers
The Jonathan Alder girls soccer team opened what it expects to be another stellar season with a 4-1 victory over visiting Bishop Ready Tuesday, Aug. 2...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Cunninghams celebrate 50th anniversary
Lloyd and Rev. Sandie Cunningham celebrated their 50th anniversary on Sunday, July 17 with a vow renewal ceremony at Mt. Zion African Methodist Episco...
Most of us do not know ourselves
One of the most quoted phrases out of our ancient world was the statement, “Know thyself.” I wonder why they thought it was so important. ...
Readers win piggy banks
Mt. Sterling Public Library awarded a silver piggy bank to their summer reading participant Alex Reece. The drawing was from a fishbowl of entries rea...
A wonderful event happened this past Sunday
This past Sunday, our granddaughter graduated from Ohio State University. She accomplished this in three years while working at three part-time jobs b...
Reader to win piggy bank
Mt. Sterling Public Library Director Chris Siscoe assists Cristen Morris, newest employee of Chase Bank in Mount Sterling, as she draws out of the fis...
Matthew and Carrie Popovich, of Canal Winchester, announce the birth of a son, Carter Robert Popovich, born Wednesday, June 1, 2016, in Dublin.He weig...
End of Ssummer recipe redux
It’s hard to believe that summer is coming to a close and that the Amish school next to us will soon be filled with scholars eager to begin anot...
Letter: Tell commissioners how you feel about administrator
Dear Editor,As a candidate for Madison County Commissioner and responsible taxpayer I must express my opposition to the creation of the Madison County...
Do all roads lead to Heaven?
Well, I did it. I became the proud owner of a “My Pillow” this week. Now, I know they are a little pricey but they are cheaper than a Slee...
A better way for foreign policy and national defense
Over the past few months, news of terrorist attacks has become all too familiar. With attacks from ISIS within our borders in San Bernardino and Orlan...
Don’t treat them like dogs — treat them better
Today is National Dog Day.The day is meant to “celebrate all breeds, pure and mixed, and serves to help galvanize the public to recognize the nu...
Zika virus cases in Ohio
Zika virus is a disease transmitted by mosquitoes, and there is no indication that it can spread person to person through casual contact. However, the...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...