One ugly truck: Plain City man wins radio show contest
Man pleads guilty to apartment arson
Plain City hiring economic developer
Dog gets second chance after shooting
Local youth wins world championship title
- One ugly truck: Plain City man wins radio show contest - 3:20 pm
- Man pleads guilty to apartment arson - 3:19 pm
- Falcons fly at LoCI - 11:09 am
- London library collecting items to aid Louisiana flood victims - 11:00 am updated: 11:00 am.
- Do all roads lead to Heaven? - 9:00 am
- Plain City hiring economic developer - 8:30 am
- Dog gets second chance after shooting - 5:03 pm
- Accidental overdoses killed 8 people a day in Ohio last year - 5:00 pm
- Time to collect pods to perpetuate monarchs - 4:06 pm
- JD Equipment Fall Expo this Friday - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- Local youth wins world championship title - 9:00 am updated: 9:01 am.
- ‘It’s a sad day’: State auctions off equipment at London prison farm - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- New truck to make local recycling easier - 4:46 pm
- Hackett named Legislator of the Year - 9:00 am
- Mt. Sterling ‘sound off’ set for Sept. 12 - 8:30 am updated: 8:30 am.
- Two-week trial anticipated for Johnson - 5:58 pm
- Plain City intersection moves forward - 5:51 pm
- Walking the line - 3:46 pm
- Domino’s Pizza returns to London - 8:43 am
- Gross for county administrator: ‘Not a morsel of truth’ - 8:43 am
- Man found dead in wrecked car - 5:10 pm
- New sit-down restaurant eyeing downtown - 8:53 am
- Madison County parishes receive grants - 3:25 am
- Bike trail gets crack repair, sealcoat - 1:36 am
- Book box installed at ER - 7:10 pm
- London Cornet Band playing concert - 7:10 pm
- Soil and Water District Board seeks candidates - 7:10 pm
- Tolles welcomes new staff members - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Healthy churches — Part 2 - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Plain City man buys detention pond, puzzles officials - 8:36 am
- County health commissioner to retire - 7:48 am
- Mexicans get prison for carrying drugs - 3:46 pm
- MaCI donates quilts to Special Olympics - 3:32 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- Cars, trucks coming to Main Street - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- A Plain City ‘institution’ - 8:09 am
- Burglaries up in county - 1:59 am
- John Deere employees volunteer at pantry - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Lindsey places first in Sheep Lead - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Byers bring ‘Imperial’ touch - 7:33 am
- Legion post donates to Mt. Sterling Chamber - 4:59 am
- Peart a ‘timely’ winner at state fair - 4:47 am
- Woman faces prison for assault - 3:52 pm
- Block watch forming in West Jeff - 3:46 pm
- West High to close for drainage work - 12:03 pm
- Commissioners approve WJ annexation - 8:33 am
- American Legion supports back to school - 8:13 am
- ‘The keystone of downtown’ - 8:06 am
- M-P honors fair winners - 4:14 am
- Anonymous donor gives trike to disabled man - 5:25 pm
- LoCI guard indicted for smuggling drugs - 9:46 am
JD Equipment Fall Expo this Friday
JD Equipment, the largest John Deere dealership group in Ohio, is hosting its annual Fall Expo this weekend.Formerly known as the World’s Larges...
Local youth wins world championship title
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. —A Plain City girl has captured a world championship title in a horse show.Natalie Vargo, of Plain City, won in hunter hack...
‘It’s a sad day’: State auctions off equipment at London prison farm
A Madison County tradition was dismantled and divided on Wednesday, one truck load at a time.Hundreds attended an auction at London Correctional Insti...
New truck to make local recycling easier
A new recycling truck will be available for use by Madison County residents.The North Central Ohio Solid Waste District and Union Recyclers announced ...
Hackett named Legislator of the Year
COLUMBUS — The nation’s largest property and casualty insurance trade organization named State Sen. Bob Hackett (R-London) as its 2016 Sta...
Mt. Sterling ‘sound off’ set for Sept. 12
Mount Sterling residents will have an opportunity to address village council members after the next council meeting, but only if they’re “...
JA girls, volleyball win openers
The Jonathan Alder girls soccer team opened what it expects to be another stellar season with a 4-1 victory over visiting Bishop Ready Tuesday, Aug. 2...
Big footsteps to follow
COLUMBUS — The comparisons to Ezekiel Elliott and Carlos Hyde used to be heavier. So was Mike Weber.Weber, a redshirt freshman running back for ...
Sprint Cup teams struggle to stay on top
BRISTOL, Tenn. — Keeping a dynasty seems even more challenging than creating one. Just ask Hall of Fame car owner Rick Hendrick.The NASCAR titan...
COLUMBUS — When Ohio State receivers Michael Thomas, Jalin Marshall and Braxton Miller departed for the NFL, they took with them 80 percent of t...
London 7th graders roll, 52-0
The London Middle School Red Raiders Seventh Grade football team opened its 2016 season with a 52-0 win over the host Hamilton Township Rangers Monday...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Cunninghams celebrate 50th anniversary
Lloyd and Rev. Sandie Cunningham celebrated their 50th anniversary on Sunday, July 17 with a vow renewal ceremony at Mt. Zion African Methodist Episco...
Most of us do not know ourselves
One of the most quoted phrases out of our ancient world was the statement, “Know thyself.” I wonder why they thought it was so important. ...
Readers win piggy banks
Mt. Sterling Public Library awarded a silver piggy bank to their summer reading participant Alex Reece. The drawing was from a fishbowl of entries rea...
A wonderful event happened this past Sunday
This past Sunday, our granddaughter graduated from Ohio State University. She accomplished this in three years while working at three part-time jobs b...
Reader to win piggy bank
Mt. Sterling Public Library Director Chris Siscoe assists Cristen Morris, newest employee of Chase Bank in Mount Sterling, as she draws out of the fis...
Matthew and Carrie Popovich, of Canal Winchester, announce the birth of a son, Carter Robert Popovich, born Wednesday, June 1, 2016, in Dublin.He weig...
Don’t treat them like dogs — treat them better
Today is National Dog Day.The day is meant to “celebrate all breeds, pure and mixed, and serves to help galvanize the public to recognize the nu...
100 years ago with Charlie Miller
Aug. 25, 1916Madison County Democrat — The Rev. H. G. Solomon of North Vernon, Indiana, is a guest at the Rest Home of Rev. Jennie Linn. Mr. Sol...
Seek and ye shall find
Seek and ye shall find, knock and it will be opened to you.This is where I am. I am seeking truth but as the late movie script says, “You can...
Letter: Niemeyer will strengthen communities
Dear Editor,This summer I have had the great experience of interning on Barb Niemeyer’s campaign for state representative. Barb is a retired tea...
Every life a mix of good, bad
The only thing we know about people – both people we know from a distance as well as our closest friends - is what we know about them. What we d...
Loving Care hosting spring dinner & auction
Loving Care Hospice and Home Health’s Annual Spring Dinner and Auction “Your Greatest Adventure” will be held at 6 p.m. on Friday, M...
Madison Health Auxiliary seeks homemade donations for countywide bake sale
It’s a golden event! The 50th annual Madison Health Auxiliary Bake-Nic is set for Friday, May 6 at various locations throughout the county.Curre...
Pharmacists honored for 50 years service
Two Plain City pharmacists were recently recognized for their combined 100 years of service to the practice of pharmacy.Registered Pharmacists Robert ...
Chamber of commerce seeks board members
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals to join its board of directors.There are currently two open seats on the board.“We...
Chamber of commerce seeking ambassadors
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your local community?The Madison County Chamber of Commerce is in search of people willing to serve as vo...
Dr. Gary Erdy joins Madison Health in Mt. Sterling
Madison Health has announced Dr. Gary Erdy, MD, a primary care practitioner, has joined its family of physicians. Erdy will care for patients at Madis...