Volunteer tax preparation services will be available in London through Community Action.
Volunteers will be helping those whose incomes are $55,000 or less and will electronically file federal and state tax returns. Community Action Organization, in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service, will kick-off the tax season at the Community Action office from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 21.
They will be providing free tax preparation every Thursday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until Saturday, April 9.
Taxpayers must have a valid photo ID and social security cards for themselves, spouses, and dependents. For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms. Taxpayers should also bring:
• Valid Picture ID for anyone filing a tax return
• Social Security Cards for you, spouse, and all dependents claimed on the return
• Copy of last year’s taxes (if you have them)
• Income documents (W-2’s, 1098’s, 1099’s, and any other sources of income received by you and spouse)
• Child/dependent care providers tax ID Number
• Student loan interest/college tuition expenses if applicable
• Health insurance (Form 1095-A) if covered under Marketplace
• Health insurance (Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C) if covered by employer
• Total paid in medical expenses from the previous year
• Amount of property tax paid/amount of mortgage interest paid
• Direct deposit information including your account number and routing number for savings or checking account
Appointments are strongly encouraged but walk-ins will be accepted.
To schedule an appointment, call Community Action at 740-852-3511. The Community Action office is located at 255 W. High St. in London.